The Padi Divemaster course is the first step on the professional ladder in the sports dive area and gives you the opportunity to pursue a career or simply deepen your diving skills and further improve your skills.
The two-week Divemaster course teaches the basic practical and theoretical knowledge that is required for a Divemaster certification. However, we recommend you take part in our four-week course if you think of working as a divemaster later.
Padi Divemaster Course Options
- Two Weeks Option
- If you want to choose the two-week variation, please remember that only 40 logged dives are required at the beginning of the course. For certification, however, proof of at least 60 logged dives must be provided. We therefore recommend that you have at least 50 logged dives before the start of the course, and also require that you have already read the relevant literature (Divemaster Manual and encyclopedia).
Four Weeks OptionThe four-week divemaster course can be regarded as a kind of internship and is therefore especially suited to prepare you for the following work as a divemaster. As in the two-week course, the theoretical and practical knowledge is covered. In addition, you will also find something of the so-called ‘art of Guidens’. Under direct supervision, you will be able to plan dives independently, give briefings and lead groups. This will give you the best prerequisites for a future job as a Divemaster.
- 18 years old
- PADI Advanced Open Water Diver (or an equivalent qualification from another training organization)
- PADI Rescue Diver (or an equivalent qualification from another training organization)
- Emergency First Response First and Secondary Proof. Or have equivalent training in first aid and CPR of another organization
- Have at least 20 dives at the start of the course and 60 at certification
- To be fit for diving and to have a medical statement
which has been signed by a doctor within the last 12 months
- Two weeks : 799 USD
- Four Weeks: 550 USD
- Theory lessons
- Annual PADI membership fees