PADI Tec 40
If you are interested in technical diving, but still don´t meet the prerequisites to do the Tec 45 Diver or the Tec 50 Diver course, then the Tec 40 course is the right place for you to start. It’s the first step for the complete PADI Tec Deep Diver course. It contains 4 dives, one of which is in the pool for practical training.
The training that is done during the Tec 40 course can be added to the Tec 45 and Tec50 courses.
During the Tec 40 course
- You use regular scuba equipment with some additions to better handle the conditions in technical diving.
- You use decompression software and dive computers to plan and perform decompression dives with a maximum depth of 40 meters/130 feet.
- You use one tank of decompression gas with 50% nitrogen (EANx 50) to be more conservative during decompression procedures.
You need the PADI Tec Deep Diver Crew-Pak which covers the following topics:
- Terms and expressions of technical diving
- Emergency procedures
- How to handle different tanks with different gas mixes
- Planning of the different gas mixes
The Crew-Pak contains a manual, a DVD, a checklist and a slate for dive planning. This Tec Deep Diver Crew-Pak is also required for the Tec 50 course. The DVD is not necessary if it’s not available in the student’s language.
Prerequisites for the Tec 40 Course:
- At least 18 years old
- Minimum of 50 logged dives, including 10 dives with
- Minimum of 12 logged dives deeper than 18 meters
- Minimum of 6 logged dives deeper than 30 meters
- Be healthy, medical certificate signed by a physician
no older than 12 months
- PADI Advanced Open Water Diver or equivalent level of certification
- PADI Deep Diver Specialty or equivalent level of certification
- PADI Enriched Air/Nitrox Diver or equivalent level of certification
Price List DSAT Tec 40
|Certification fee||35 USD|
|Tec Deep Diver Manual||65 USD|
|Rental gear (reg, backplate, bladder, suit, mask, fins) 55 USD||55 USD|