Padi Tec 40
If you are interested in technical diving but still do not comply with the prerequisites to do the Tec45 Diver or the Tec50 Diver course, then the Tec40 Diver course is the right thing for you to start. It is the first step for the complete PADI Tec Deep Diver course. It contains 4 dives from which one is going to be in the pool for practical training.
The training that is done during the Tec40 course can be added to the courses of Tec45 and Tec50.
During the course
- You use regular scuba equipment with some additions so can handle better the conditions in technical diving.
- You use decompression software and diving computers to plan and perform decompression dives with a maximum depth of 40 meters.
- You use one tank of decompression gas with 50% Nitrogen (EANx50) to be more conservative during decompression procedures.
You need the Tec Deep Diver Crew Package whith the following contents:
- Terms and expressions of technical diving
- Emergency Procedures
- How to handle different tanks with different gas mixes
- Planing of the different gas mixes
- The crew package contains a manual, a DVD and checklist with board to plan the dives. This Tec Deep Diver Crew Package is also needed for the Tec50 Diver course. The DVD is not necessary if it’s not available in the language of the student.
Prerequisites for the Tec 40 Course:
- Minimum age: 18 years
- Minimum of 50 logged dives, including 10 dives with Enriched Air/Nitrox
- Minimum of 12 logged dives deeper than 18 meters
- Minimum of 6 logged dives deeper than 30 meters
- Being healthy, signed medical certificate no older than 12 months
- PADI Advanced Open Water Diver or equivalent level of certification
- PADI Deep Diver Specialty or equivalent level of certification
- PADI Enriched Air/Nitrox Diver or equivalent level of certification
Pricelist DSAT Tec 40
|Certification Cost||35 USD|
|Tec Deep Diver Manual||65 USD|
|Rental Gear(Reg, Backplate, Bladder, Suit, Mask, Fins)||55 USD|