PADI Divemaster Course
The PADI Divemaster course is the first step on the professional ladder in the sports diving industry and gives you the opportunity to pursue a career or simply deepen your diving knowledge and further improve your skills.
The two-week Divemaster course teaches the basic practical and theoretical knowledge that is required for a Divemaster certification. However, we recommend you take part in our four-week course if you’re thinking about working as a divemaster later.
PADI Divemaster Course Options
- Two-Week Option
- If you want to choose the two-week option, please remember that only 40 logged dives are required at the beginning of the course. For certification, however, proof of at least 60 logged dives must be provided. We, therefore, recommend that you have at least 50 logged dives before the start of the course and require that you have already read the relevant literature (Divemaster Manual and Encyclopedia of Recreational Diving).
Four-Week OptionThe four-week Divemaster course can be regarded as a kind of
internship and is, therefore, especially suited to prepare you for
future work as a divemaster. As in the two-week course, the
theoretical and practical knowledge is covered. In addition, you
learn about the ‘art of guiding’. Under direct supervision, you
gradually are able to plan dives, give briefings and lead groups
independently. This experience gives you the best preparation
for a future job as a Divemaster.
- At least 18 years old
- PADI Advanced Open Water Diver certification (or an equivalent qualification from another training organization)
- PADI Rescue Diver certification (or an equivalent qualification from another training organization)
- Emergency First Response Primary and Secondary
Care completed within past 2 years (or have equivalent training in first aid and CPR from another organization)
- Have at least 40 logged dives at the start of the course and 60 at certification
- To be fit for diving and to have a medical statement which has been signed by a doctor within the last 12 months
- Two weeks: $1299 USD
- Four weeks: $999 USD
- Entrance fees for pool training
- Soft drinks
- Theory lessons
- Certification fee
- Student materials
- PADI annual membership fee