Tec Diving in Playa del Carmen
Technical diving is defined as anything that goes beyond the limit of recreational diving, but has nothing to with commercial diving.
Further, it is defined as an activity that includes at least one of the following:
- Diving beyond a depth of 40 meters/130 feet
- Mandatory stage decompression
- Diving in an environment that does not allow surfacing
within a distance of 40 meters/130 feet (vertically or
- Accelerated decompression and/or the use of several
gas mixes on a dive
For sure technical diving isn’t for everyone, but for those who are looking for a new challenge in diving, the PADI Tec courses are definitely something to look into.
PADI published their Tec Diving program in 2000 together with Diving Science And Technology (DSAT).
Some of the advantages of the programs are:
- A continuous, logical course structure that takes you from Tec beginner up to qualified Tec diver with the use of different gases
- Extensive, up-to-date course materials
- The use of new equipment, planning methods and procedures which are required for increasing depths at each course level
The Tec Deep Diver course is made up of three courses – Tec 40, Tec 45 and Tec 50.
You can do them in a continuous sequence or as individual courses.
The courses themselves are also the basis to become an instructor in the Tec system.
With us you can do all the training from Discover Tec Diving up to Tec Deep Diver.
It is very important to us that the course is based on your speed and knowledge and that you feel comfortable at all times.
The Gas Blender course is an additional part of your Tec diving training. For sure, this course isn’t for everyone, but most people find it a useful and exciting addition to their training.
Any questions? Please don’t hesitate to contact us.