PADI Self Reliant Course
We’re delighted to offer – the new Self Reliant course from PADI: Everyone knows the problem, you have not been diving for days or maybe even weeks and finally you find the right time however all your go-to buddies say ‘can’t make it’, this can happen for a variety of reasons or simply they have no time. Sometimes you just do not find a buddy… And what are you to do then?
Should you just wait until the opportunity to make these circumstances, where your poised to dive…. reappear?
No way! Self-Reliant Diving is the ability to safely plan dives and respond safely to emergencies and emerging issues on your own and utilising the skills which this course provides. The course is an introduction to self-responsible diving. It helps the student to develop the skills, knowledge and techniques necessary to be able to rely on themselves first, whether they are diving alone or with a partner.
What you will learn?
- Planning and calculation of dives using the necessary gas supply (reserve volume: for example, one-third rule)
- Equipment, configuration and with the necessary additional equipment,
- Determination of Surface-Air-Consumption (SAC)
- Valve exercises, freeflow regulators
- Handling a stage or pony bottle
- further skills to solidify the solodive skills
- Problem scenarios and their avoidance
Standard equipment of a solo diver:
- A surface marking buoy or lifting bag with min. 30m leash
- An independent breathing gas supply be it a stage or pony bottle.
- Additional depth gauge
- Additional surface signaling means. Visually and acoustically
- cutting tool
- Writing board or Wetnotes incl. Pen
- spare mask
- 2 Days Minimum
Requirements for the Solo Diver Course:
- completed AOWD or equivalent certification
- min. 100 logged dives
- medical statement, signed by a doctor
- Min. 18 years
- 400 USD
- Entrance to the pool
- 4 Open Water Dives in Playa Del Carmen
- teaching materials
- Rental equipment, if required